2023-2027 Financial Plan
Feedback is welcomed at anytime by:
- Emailing feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend Budget Meetings held in the fall (view our meeting calendar here)
- Provide feedback to your Councillor (councillor contact information found here)
Property Tax Programs & Services
Small Business Assessment Subclass
Council has passed Bylaw 1321-18: Small Business Assessment Subclass to set up an assessment sub-class for small businesses. The purpose of this bylaw is to establish a base that will allow Council to set a separate tax rate for qualifying businesses. In order to qualify, a small business must complete the Annual Small Business Declaration prior to December 31 of each year.
Small Business Assessment Subclass FAQ
Assessment Review Board
Property owners who are concerned about their assessment can file a complaint with their municipality’s assessment review board. For more information on property assessment complaints and appeals visit the Government of Alberta's webpage.
Property Taxation Monthly Payment Plan Terms
Deadline to be accepted on the direct debit tax payment plan is November 15th of each year. The current years taxes, local improvement levy plus any tax arrears must be paid in full for eligibility in the Plan. The payment calculation will be based on the previous year's tax levy divided by twelve (12) months. Any increase / decrease in the issuing of the current year's Assessment and Tax Notice will be adjusted in the month of June.
Bylaw 1128-05: Tax Installment Payment Plan
Tax Installment Payment Plan Form
Tax certificates take 5 to 10 business days to process.
To order property tax certificates, please send proof of payment of $22.00 with a request either by:
or email email@example.com
Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program
The Seniors Property Tax Deferral program allows eligible senior homeowners to defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan from the Alberta government. If you qualify, the Alberta government will pay all or part of your property taxes on your behalf through a low-interest loan that is secured against your home equity. You then re-pay the loan with interest when you sell your house, are no longer eligible, or at any time you choose. The Seniors Property Tax Deferral program is voluntary and homeowners must apply.
To be eligible for the Seniors Property Tax Deferral program, you must:
- be an Alberta resident (65 or older);
- own a residential property in Alberta; and
- have a minimum of 25% equity in your home.
For more information, or to get an application form, visit Seniors Property Tax Deferral page or call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992.
Declaration of School Support
By provincial legislation, all individuals who own property located in a municipality where both a public school district and a Roman Catholic separate school district exist are required to complete a Declaration of School Support Form when a property is acquired. However, an individual may file the Declaration at any subsequent time.
The purpose of collecting this Declaration is to apportion the percentage of the school tax collected on the property to the appropriate school district, according to the declaration of faith.
School Support Notice for Individuals
School Support Notice for Corporations
Audited Financial Statements
- 2022 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2022 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2021Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2021 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2020 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2020 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2019 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2019 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2018 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2018 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2017 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2017 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2016 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2016 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2015 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2015 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2014 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2014 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2013 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2013 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2012 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2012 Natural Gas Financial Statements
- 2023 Approved Budget
- 2023 5 Year Capital Budget
- 2022 Approved Budget
- 2022 Proposed Interim Budget
- 2021 Approved Budget
- 2021 Final Capital Budget
- 2021 Natural Gas Budget
- 2021-2025 Financial Plan
Contact and Department Information
Brenda Adamson, Finance Manager
Office: 780-656-3730 ext: 2218 or toll free: 1-888-656-3730