Transfer Station Hours
To Download Transfer Station Schedule Click HERE
Landfills and Waste Transfer Sites
Smoky Lake Transfer site is located along the Iron Horse Trail about - 5 km northeast of the Town of Smoky Lake – Range Road 172. Now through out the County – small fenced waste transfer sites have been located at the different subdivisions and at some of the more populated lake subdivisions. These facilities are for the use of household waste only.
Signs have been installed to advise residents on what can and cannot be dropped in the bins. Please use the larger transfer site for other wastes. Bins will be emptied on a weekly basis or as required.
All transfer sites will accept the following waste: (Warspite and all the subdivision and lake sites accept only household waste)
- General household waste
- Metal, stoves, fridges, freezers, etc.
- Plastic oil jugs/oil/filters
- Plastic milk containers
- Paint/paint cans
- Wood and burnables, branches, etc.
- Grass clippings/garden waste
- Propane tanks
- Batteries (vehicles)
- Electronic waste/TVs, computers, printers, etc
Herbicide and pesticide containers: Smoky Lake, Vilna and Spedden.
Sewage: Can be dumped at Warspite and Bellis lagoons, with the approval of the Smoky Lake County Environmental Operations Department.
No sites will accept:
- Deceased animals
- Hazardous waste
- Oilfield waste
- Vehicle bodies
Rates for Disposal
To View and Download Residential Rate Sheet... click here
To View and Download Commercial Demolition Material Rate Sheet... click here
No Fee Disposals
- Appliances (stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, hot water tanks, barbeques)
- Household and office furniture (tables & chairs, couches, mattresses and desks, TV’s, stereos, computers)
- Unbagged leaves, grass, garden waste for composting
- Salvageable Scrap Metal
- Burnable Materials
- Trees, Shrubs
- Wet Batteries (cars)
- Dry Batteries (Dry Cell)
Contact and Department Information
Dave Franchuk, Environmental Operations Manager
Phone: (780) 656-3730
Fax: (780) 656-3768