Smoky Lake County Natural Gas was formed in 1976. It currently services 1,640 natural gas customers and owns approximately 1275 kms of pipelines.
Smoky Lake County is a member of the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops. Natural gas is purchased through Gas Alberta Inc. to achieve favorable gas pricing through greater purchasing power.
Natural Gas payments can be made:
- In person Monday through Friday at the Main County Office between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.
- Via online banking (Smoky Lake County)
- At your local financial institution
You can now receive your monthly Natural Gas bill by email. If you would like to receive your Smoky Lake County Natural Gas Bill through paperless billing, call 780-656-3730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information to sign us:
- Name of the account holder
- Natural gas bill account number
- Email address and phone number
Effective January 1, 2015 Natural Gas service installation fees, subject to change is (Policy Statement No. 09-03):
Urban $ 3,500 plus GST
Rural $ 7,000 plus GST
Suspect a Natural Gas Leak?
If you think you smell natural gas do not hesitate to call 780-656-3730
If you suspect that you smell natural gas report it to Smoky Lake County by calling 780-656-3730. If it is a confirmed 'underground' gas leak on our pipeline, the County will pay you a $100.00 reward for your assistance.
Possible Signs of a Leak
- What you may see: an area of dead vegetation, a build-up of frost on the ground and / or bubbles appearing in free-standing water.
- What you may hear: a loud whistling sound.
- What you may smell: you may smell a skunk-like smell.
Click Before You Dig
If you are a homeowner or contractor planning any construction work on your property that involves any type of excavation or drilling, contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 (toll free) at least three full working days before digging to ensure you don’t come in contact with a dangerous underground utility.
To submit an online request visit: https://utilitysafety.ca/
Utilities Consumer Advocate
Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving water and energy utility related issues.
Utilities Consumer Advocate Website
Department Contact Information
Daniel Moric, Natural Gas Manager
Office: 780-656-3730 or toll free 1-888-656-3730 ext: 125